Due to the growing popularity of CBD oil, many companies are starting to produce their own. However, not all CBD oils are created equal. One way to tell if a product is of high quality is by checking if it's full-spectrum (more than just a hemp extract). Blue Gem only trusts full-spectrum CBD products to deliver maximum endocannabinoid effects and benefits. And there is every reason for it.
In this article, we go deep into the reason why you should only care about full-spectrum CBD oil from today.What is full-spectrum CBD oil?
Full-spectrum CBD products, such as Blue Gem's oil, are made from whole-plant non-GMO and organic hemp extracts. This means the oil contains all 50+ cannabinoids present, including THC and other compounds.
There are many different ways of making CBD oil. One uses a solvent like hexane and butane. The problem with this method is that it requires chemicals to extract all the beneficial molecules from hemp.
On the other hand, our full-spectrum CBD oil is made using a proprietary scientific and solventless extraction method with no chemicals or additives. The end product is a pure cannabis plant extract that contains all cannabinoids and terpenes intact. This gives a smoother taste for one but also makes it 5% more potent and effective. Full-spectrum oils are generally preferred by those looking for more immediate effects and benefits.
Why do we only use full-spectrum CBD oil?
Studies show that full-spectrum CBD oil is more effective in terms of bioavailability (which is the degree to which a substance becomes available for use by your body) compared to isolate products. So why does this happen? The answer is in what full-spectrum CBD oils contain.
There are over 100 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. These compounds are called phytocannabinoids (phyto means plant). When ingested, these molecules interact with your endocannabinoid system and produce different effects depending on which receptors they bind to.
Common cannabinoids found in our full spectrum CBD products include:
- Cannabidiol - You probably know CBD by now, right? This is one of the essential cannabinoids because it has the broadest range of medical benefits. Research on CBD's medical properties, showing its therapeutic potential in cases of epilepsy, neuropathic pain, cancer, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), multiple sclerosis (MS), anxiety, and depression, among many other conditions, is at an advanced stage. In fact, CBD is the most scientifically studied phytocannabinoid.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - It is the other most abundant cannabinoid alongside CBD. THC is the cannabinoid with psychoactive properties that produce "high" feelings. It helps reduce nausea and vomiting, which makes it useful for cancer patients going through chemotherapy. THC has also been known to alleviate pain, depression, and insomnia. It is a powerful appetite stimulant.
- Cannabigerol (CBG) - This is the third most common cannabinoid found in CBD oil products. It plays a crucial role in full spectrum extracts. CBG when used alongside CBD balances out the effects of THC by reducing the psychoactive highs. It has been shown to have anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects.
These are organic compounds that contain the aroma of hemp plants. They are found in many other plants as well (such as peppermint and lavender). Terpenes also have health benefits that make full-spectrum CBD oils even more effective.
The terpenes found in hemp oil are:
- Pinene – This has anti-inflammatory effects and provides a subtle uplifting scent to the plant's aroma. Pinene also promotes alertness which is why aromatherapy using cedarwood, sage, or pine oil can be so beneficial.
- Limonene – This terpene helps improve moods and relieve stress. It also has Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help inhibit inflammatory markers like nitric oxide that lead to chronic inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- Linalool – This terpene calms the nerves making it worthwhile to treat anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- Caryophyllene - This one is great for pain management and has the ability to treat problems associated with the digestive tract, such as diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, and IBS.
- Humulene – This is an appetite suppressant that also increases energy levels. It can target weight loss more effectively than other cannabinoids because it regulates blood sugar levels.
- Bisabolol – This terpene is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to treat skin conditions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Terpineol – This helps improve blood circulation, which can alleviate symptoms of sickness or injury. It has a calming effect that's good for treating anxiety and depression. You'll also find this terpene in lavender essential oil, which is why it's used as a sleep aid.
These are compounds in plants that give them their distinct color appearance. They have antioxidant properties that help prevent cellular damage. There has been much research done on the beneficial effect flavonoids have in fighting diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. The two most common flavonoids found in hemp oil are quercetin and kaempferol, which are potent anti-inflammatory agents.
The synergy that creates an entourage effect
All these compounds together - cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids – work in synergy. When combined, they create what is called the "entourage effect." The entourage effect refers to the idea that all these compounds working together can produce better effects than each one of them could individually. This has been observed and demonstrated by research on whole plant CBD extracts.
The most evident example is CBD and CBG's interaction with THC. Full-spectrum CBD oil contains various therapeutic properties stronger together than when taken separately, as the entourage effect implies. That's why full-spectrum CBD oil has the power to help treat many health conditions.
This means a full-spectrum CBD oil not only contains all the beneficial compounds but working together, they create a more powerful effect that lasts longer than any one of them acting alone.
Blue Gem Hemp full spectrum Oil FAQs
Full-spectrum CBD oil has THC?
Yes, it is derived from hemp that's naturally high in CBD and low in THC (less than 0.3%). This ensures you get the full health benefits of cannabinoids without getting high or intoxicated.
Will the THC get me high or dependent?
No, the THC in Blue Gem full-spectrum hemp oil is less than 0.3%. This is too low to cause any of those effects.
Can I give it to my pet?
Yes, full-spectrum CBD oil is safe to give to pets. Many people already do that for their furry friends and report excellent results such as improved pain management, better moods, and increased mobility. However, please talk to your veterinarian before giving it to any animal since the entourage effect hasn't been studied in animals yet.
Is dosing full-spectrum CBD oil any different?
Yes, the entourage effect indicates this type of CBD oil should be dosed differently than others. The increased cannabinoid content is unmatched by isolated cannabinoids. That's why it may take some trial and error to find out what dose works for you.
To avoid this hassle, our Full spectrum CBD oil comes in liquid form that is taken orally. This makes it easier to adjust your dosage according to what works for you. People often start with a small dose and gradually increase it until they hit their optimum level of efficacy.